The Hay River Pine Point Bridge rehabilitation is set for this fall.
During that time, traffic along highway five will be detoured through the older CN Bridge.
A list of restrictions includes:
- Single Alternating lane – 4.5 meters wide maximum (No wide loads will be permitted).
- Overweight loads – Permit applications will be accesses on case to case basis.
- Construction zone speed – 15 km /hr.
- One way alternating traffic flow will be managed by traffic signals at each end of the bridge.
- Flag persons will be used when manual traffic control is required for construction operations and emergency vehicles.
- Intermittent traffic interruption up to 15 minutes will be required.
- Observe reduced speed limits within the construction zone. Double fines will be applied.
- For any further information please call the road information line at 1-800-661-0750 or click here.
The October repairment is scheduled to run for a full calendar year, leading into October/2019.