The precautionary boil water advisory for Hay River, K’atl’odeeche First Nation, Enterprise and Kakisa has been lifted.
The Department of Health and Social Services recommends that residents and businesses flush their water supply by doing the following:
• Run all cold water faucets and drinking fountains for 1 minute before use;
• Flush and clean all water-using equipment, such as soda fountains, coffee makers
and ice-making machines, for at least 1 minute;
• Change all point of use filters (tap mounted carbon filters, Brita filters, etc);
• Flush and clean all coffee machines;
• Drain and flush all ice-making machines;
• Run water softeners through a regeneration cycle;
• Drain and refill hot water heaters; and
• Drain and clean water-holding tanks.
Information and a video on how to drain and clean water-holding tanks is available here.