The Government of the Northwest Territories celebrated public servants as part of National Public Service Week during a ceremony in Yellowknife Wednesday morning.
Premier Bob McLeod and former commissioner George Tuccaro handed out awards as part of the event, which took place in the Great Hall of the legislature.
“[Wednesday’s] recipients exemplify the very best qualities of the public service,” said McLeod. “Their outstanding contributions have helped to make our territory a healthier, safer and more connected place to live.
“Each of us owes them our thanks and congratulations for their efforts to create a strong, prosperous and sustainable Northwest Territories.”
Below is a full list of individual and team recipients:
Premier’s Award for Excellence (Individual)
- Francois Rossouw
- Ian Blackstock
- Celine Savard
Premier’s Award for Excellence (Team)
- Beaufort Delta Education Council
- Health Information Act Team
- Tracr II LTE Tablet Project
Premier’s Award for Collaboration
- NWT ASETS-Aurora College Partnership
- Gwich’in Curriculum Development Team
- Transboundary Water Management Agreements Team (NWT-Alberta/NWT-British Columbia)
- NEBS Pension Legislation Development Group
Dave Ramsden Career Excellence Award
- Debbie DeLancey
Commissioner’s Award for Excellence in Public Administration
- Scott Duke