- 2020 Arctic Winter games scheduled to start March 15th are cancelled.
- The Dene Nation’s first education summit set for March 17th and 18th is postponed.
- The Long John Jamboree Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser at the Ski Club Chalet March 14th has been cancelled.
- The 2020 Long John Jamboree is suspended.
- The 2020 Snowking’s Winter Festival has officially closed as of March 17th. Evening performances ended on the 12th.
- All NWT schools to close till at least after Easter.
- The YWCA NWT Family Centre will close and cease all programming as of March 17th.
- The Prince of Wales Northern Heritage center is closed until further notice.
- All Aurora Village tours suspended for the Winter season.
- The following City facilities will be closed effective Wednesday, March 18th, until further notice:
- Ruth Inch Memorial Pool
- Yellowknife Community Arena
- Curling Club
- Yellowknife Public Library
- Events and programs run by the City have been suspended and the Yellowknife Visitor Centre, which is currently run out of City Hall, will be closed as of Tuesday, March 17th.
- Copperhouse Eatery + Lounge closing restaurant and lounge effective March 17th. Moving exclusively to “touchless” take-out.
- Collège Nordique is suspending its scheduled on-site activities. Language courses will be offered by distance for the remainder of the Winter 2020 session.
- All Aurora College programs and classes suspended starting the week of March 23rd for the remaining semester.
- The Union of Northern Workers’ offices in Hay River, Inuvik, and Yellowknife will be closed until further notice and duty travel has been suspended.
- Yellowknife’s NWT Brewing Company closed its Woodyard Brewhouse & Eatery.
- As of March 18th, The Dene National Office in Yellowknife will be closed to the public and staff members will be working from home until further notice.
- Northwestel Retail Centre is closed until further notice as of March 18th.
- The Black Knight Pub will be closed until further notice.
- As of 2:00 p.m. on March 18th, the Monkey Tree will close their doors until further notice.
- Capitol Theatre closing business as of Thursday, March 19th.
- City Hall and the Solid Waste Facility will be closed to the public, effective Thursday, March 19, until further notice.
- Ragged Ass Barbers is closing
- The Canadian Tire announced they will have reduced hours.
- Air Canada to suspend flights between YK and CGY and YK and Vancouver.
- Canadian North will reduce the number of passenger flights by maintaining minimum passenger service levels for every community within its network.
- Yellowknife Chamber of Commerce 2020 Spring Trade Show scheduled for May 9th & 10th is cancelled.
- The YK Food Bank will not be able to Collect or Distribute Food until further notice.
- The Northwest Territories Association of Communities (NWTAC) office will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Great Slave Animal Hospital will remain open, though they will have reduced hours. The will be open Mon-Fri 8:30 to 5:30 and Sat 10:00 to 4:30.
- The following Town of Hay River facilities will be closed to the public effective start of the day Tuesday, March 17th through April 14th or until further notice:
- Hay River Community Centre (Recreation Centre)
- Hay River Visitor Information Centre
- Hay River Firehall
- The Hay River Town Hall will be open to the public only between 12 pm to 2 pm for the period of Tuesday, March 17th through Friday, March 20th or until further notice.
- Council Chambers will be closed to the public during Council proceedings. Any meetings will be live-streamed through the Town of Hay River’s YouTube Channel (search “Town of Hay River”).
- The NWT Track and Field Championships, which were scheduled from June 3rd to 5th, have been cancelled.
The Town of Fort Smith has closed all recreation facilities until further notice.
The Village of Fort Simpson has closed the recreation centre, fitness centre, library and village office for the next 2 weeks.
Parks Canada has suspended all visitor services nationwide effective March 18th including Wood Buffalo National Park.