The winners for the #ShopNWT Shop Local Campaign have been announced. The campaign, which went from August 14th to September 14th featured a winner from each community (Fort Smith; Hay River; Fort Simpson; Yellowknife; Norman Wells; Inuvik) who will be awarded $1,000 each in local gift cards.
The highlight of the campaign is a passport program at participating businesses. For every $25 spent at a participating business, a stamp is added to the passport. It becomes an entry to a contest once the passport is full with $500 in purchases.
The winners, who were announced on September 18th are:
- Dianna Korol – Thebacha Chamber
- Evellyn Coleman – Hay River Chamber
- George Skippings – Yellowknife Chamber
- Cody Dejarlais – Norman Wells Chamber
- Barb Lennie – Inuvik Chamber
The Fort Simpson winner has yet to be announced.