The Department of Health and Social Services is inviting interested members of the public to submit an application to serve as a representative on the NWT Mental Wellness and Addictions Recovery Advisory Group.
The GNWT is looking for a diverse group of eight individuals and one group lead with lived/living experience of mental health and/or substance use challenges.
To serve in the MWAR Advisory Group, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Lived / Living experience with mental wellness and addictions recovery:
- Individuals who have lived/living experience with a mental health concern as well as experience with mental health services; and/or
- Individuals who have lived/living experience with substance use as well as experience with substance use services; and/or
- Individuals who have lived/living experience supporting an individual (family/friend) experiencing challenges with mental health and/or substance use.
- Flexibility and a willingness to travel for annual meetings/training opportunities; and
- Ability to meet with MWAR Advisory Group via telephone, webinar, or other as needed.
Members of the MWAR Advisory Group will be asked to:
- Provide strategic advice and direction to the Department of Health and Social Services based on their lived/living experience.
- Review, consider, and provide feedback on planned and existing territorial mental wellness and addictions recovery programs, services, policies and engagement efforts, and planning activities.
The Advisory Group will meet every 2-3 months over the 1 year (with an option to renew), for approximately 2 hours at a time. Meetings will be held in person and/or via teleconference or videoconference. One additional face-to-face meeting will occur annually for training opportunities and to connect as a team.
The Department of Health and Social Services will arrange and reimburse related travel and accommodation expenses for members attending the annual meeting.
The GNWT notes that having voices of individuals who have or are caring for a family member or friend with lived/living experience with a mental health concern or substance use as well as experience using mental health and addiction supports and services will be beneficial towards the development and improvement of new and existing policies, programs and services.
You can send a resume, experience, and references to the attention of “Application for MWAR Advisory Group” by fax (867-873-7706), or email (email@example.com). The application deadline is 3:00 p.m. on July 31st.