The City of Yellowknife has released a Request for Proposals (RFP) regarding the official inquiry into the “2014 allegations of workplace misconduct within the Municpal Enforcement Division“.
In the RFP, the City cites a need for a law firm that is eligible to practice in the NWT and has “demonstrated expertise in employment law, municipal law, and administrative law.” The City also confirms that the firm must have no conflict of interest in the case. The law firm will be used to provide legal advice and will select an individual investigator for the case to fulfill a provided mandate.
The mandate provided is listed as such:
- To review the protocols and processes involved and/or followed.
- To review the process(es) for how other concerns related to workplace misconduct in MED in 2014 were addressed.
- To review the manner in which the concerns were addressed and/or implemented.
- To review the manner in which the results of the 2014 Investigation Report were communicated to the complainant, senior management, as well as to Mayor and Council.
- To provide recommendations with respect to handling of employee complaints.
- To review the relevant policies currently in place and make recommendations on appropriate enhancements.
The City says all information will be made available for the provided investigator, including interviews with City employees.
The investigator is expected to relay information to the law firm, which will then relay information to the City of Yellowknife through Senior Administrative Officer (SAO) Sheila Bassi-Kellett.
- NWT COMMUNITY REACHES DEAL WITH CHINESE TOURISM COMPANY
- WOLF SIGHTINGS WARRANT TIPS FROM ENR
- UPDATE: N’DILO FIRE LEFT TO BURN
Once the contract is awarded to an NWT law firm, and an investigator is found, the whole process is expected to take a maximum of six weeks, pending any unexpected hiccups.
Proposals are to be provided to the City’s SAO. They will be then chosen by the Mayor and City Council. There is no mention of cost for the requested law firm and investigator.
The RFP can be read here.