The Government of the Northwest Territories is seeing some shuffling in its cabinet.
Premier Bob McLeod announced some cabinet changes today:
- Minister Caroline Cochrane will assume responsibility for Education, Culture and Employment. The role was previously held by Minister Alfred Moses.
- Minister Robert C. McLeod will assume responsibility for the Northwest Territories Power Corporation. The role was previously held by Minister Louis Sebert.
- Minister Alfred Moses will assume responsibility for Municipal and Community Affairs, the Northwest Territories Housing Corporation, Homelessness, and the Workers Safety and Compensation Commission of the NWT and Nunavut. Those roles were previously held by Minister Caroline Cochrane.
All other portfolios will remain unchanged. McLeod also announced that Catherine MacQuarrie has been appointed as Deputy Secretary, Federal Engagement in the Department of Executive and Indigenous Affairs. Her profile with Carleton University can be view here. MacQuarrie will be based out of the Northwest Territories office in Ottawa.
Premier McLeod said in a statement the GNWT remains dedicated to their original commitments.
“As we enter the last full fiscal year of the 18th Legislative Assembly, our government remains committed to fulfilling the commitments we set out at the beginning of our term. The changes being made today will help ensure that our Cabinet team is well-positioned to achieve success and deliver on our priorities in the remaining months.”
- CHANGES HAPPENING TO EXECUTIVE COUNCIL
- TERRAX SEES RAISE IN PI FINANCIAL AGREEMENT
- CITY LOOKS TO WIN NATIONAL PRIZE WITH INNOVATION
The moves will take effect at the end of today’s work day.