Northwest Territories residents will soon be able to give their say on the Mineral Resources Act (MRA).
It was announced earlier in the month that the GNWT was looking for public feedback on the MRA. They launched an engagement tool for residents to voice their opinion online. Now, in-person meetings will be held for a more personal experience.
According to the Department of Industry, Tourism and Investment, the public sessions are, “designed to allow attendees to engage on various mining topics at their own pace, ask questions of GNWT subject matter experts, and provide comments on any topic related to mining and exploration in the NWT.”
The schedule is as follows:
- Yellowknife: August 28, Tree of Peace Friendship Centre, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Yellowknife (French): August 29, Explorer Hotel – Janvier Room, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Behchokǫ̀: August 30, Behchokǫ̀ Cultural Centre, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fort Simpson: August 31, Fort Simpson Recreation Centre, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Norman Wells: September 5, Royal Canadian Legion, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Inuvik: September 6, Midnight Sun Complex – Community Lounge, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Hay River: September 11, Ptarmigan Inn, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Fort Smith: September 12, Roaring Rapids Hall Métis Council, 3 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Snacks and refreshments will be served at all sessions.