No injuries after dryer fire in Yellowknife home yesterday

A fire truck belonging to the Yellowknife Fire Division.
- Advertisement -

No injuries were reported after a dryer caught fire in a Yellowknife home Wednesday afternoon.

At just after 1 p.m., the Yellowknife Fire Division responded to reports of a house fire on Bromley Drive.

Upon arrival, firefighters learned that it was a dryer fire in the basement and that the home had been evacuated.

Two firefighters made their way to the basement, where the fire was beginning to grow, and extinguished it. The fire was caused by the dryer malfunctioning.

The extent of the damage was to the dryer, along with smoke damage throughout the home.

- Advertisement -