On Nov. 13, 2022 at approximately 8:56 p.m. Hay River RCMP received a report of a break and enter at a business on the Mackenzie Highway in Hay River. Officers responded and found several neighboring businesses had also been accessed unlawfully. An investigation began and an RCMP Property Crime Examiner was called to assist.
On Nov. 15, 2022 at approximately 3:40 a.m. police received a report of an intrusion alarm at a business in the industrial area of Hay River. Officers attended and found two businesses had been broken into. A suspect was identified and later determined to be the same person responsible for the prior break-ins. Police located and arrested a 21-year-old female that same day. A hearing was held before a Justice of the Peace and the female was remanded into custody.
The female is currently charged with the following offences:
· 4 counts of Breaking and Entering with Intent
· 3 counts of Possession of Break-In Instruments
· 1 count of Theft Under $5000
· 1 count of Failure to Comply with Probation Order
· 1 count of Theft of Credit Card
· 5 counts of Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
· 11 counts of Failure to Comply with Release Order
· 2 counts of Mischief
Investigation into these matters is still ongoing.
Anyone who has information about these incidents is asked to contact the Hay River RCMP at 867-874-1111.