Fort Smith RCMP Searching for Armed Suspect

Fort Smith RCMP, and additional RCMP units from the NWT, are currently involved in an ongoing police operation in Fort Smith. 

As of Sunday March 6, the Fort Smith RCMP have 2 warrants for the arrest of Drea Lucas McAllister born, June 27th, 2004. The warrants are for Assault with a Weapon and Failure to Comply with Probation order from an incident in Fort Smith on February 26th, 2022.

Through a series of continuing investigations, Drea McAllister is also a suspect in a series of
break and enters from March 4th, 2022 where a motor vehicle and multiple long barrel firearms were stolen from two locations. Drea Mcallister has access to weapons and is believed to be dangerous thus anyone having information on his whereabouts are asked to immediately contact the Fort Smith RCMP and not to engage with him directly.

The RCMP continue to conduct a comprehensive investigation into other offences on March 4th, including firearm offences and a sudden death. The NWT RCMP continue to deploy resources into the Fort Smith to search for McAllister and secure his arrest.

Inspector Barry LaRocque, the South District RCMP Officer in Charge, states, “If anyone has
information regarding the location of Drea McAllister please contact the RCMP so this matter can be resolved safely for all involved.”

If the public sees any suspicious activity, please contact the Fort Smith RCMP at 867-872-1111, or 9-1-1.

 

UPDATE: At 3:45 hours this afternoon the 17 year – old male subject that the NWT RCMP police were searching for was arrested without incident within the community of Fort Smith. The investigations into multiple criminal offences will continue and updates will be made in coming days.

The NWT RCMP wish to thank the community of Fort Smith for their generosity and well wishes shown towards the RCMP personnel who were engaged in the police operations.

Connor Pitre
Connor Pitre
Born and raised in Central Alberta, Connor Pitre attended the Western Academy Broadcasting College in Saskatchewan, before making his way to the NWT in November of 2021. Since then, he has become a regular staple of the True North FM crew in the News department, and occasionally filling in on the afternoon show.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Carney said Canada was attacked, pointed to divisions inside Trump administration

Prime Minister Mark Carney said Canada was under economic attack Saturday after trade negotiations collapsed, new U.S. tariffs took effect and he suggested divisions inside U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration contributed to the breakdown.

Canada vows dollar-for-dollar retaliation as 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs take effect

Canada suspended trade negotiations with the United States and pledged dollar-for-dollar retaliation as additional 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs took effect early Saturday on about $28 billion in Canadian goods.

Prince George plane lost engine power before fatal crash, investigators say

A plane that made a fatal emergency landing on a Prince George road Thursday lost power in one engine before colliding with four vehicles, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada said.

Temporary suspension of labour and delivery services in Inuvik extended

The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority has announced that they will be extending the temporary suspension of labour and delivery services at the Inuvik Regional Hospital.

Planned ignition underway in Behchokǫ̀

NWT Fire has announced that wildfire crews and aircraft will be in Behchokǫ̀ on Friday, August 21 to work towards a planned ignition.