GNWT Introduces new Online Services Portal

The GNWT is expanding its online services.

It was recently announced that the government will be launching a new portal which will provide NWT residents with a greater access to government information and services. The GNWT assures that the new portal will be safe and secure, and that users will be able to use it with only a single account.

At the time of the launch, four major services can be accessed through the portal; Apprenticeship, Trades and Occupation Certification (ATOC), Student Financial Assistance, Fishing Licenses, and applying for and renewing NWT Health Care Cards. Driver and Vehicle services will be added at a later date, as well as a variety of other services that will be made available in he future.

Caroline Wawzonek said that “the new eServices portal is just one of many ways that the GNWT is using to ensure that NWT people and businesses can access programs and services how they want, where they want, and when they want.”

Residents who would prefer not to use the portal will still be able to access services the way they always have.

If you would like o check out the new portal for yourself, click here.

Connor Pitre
Connor Pitre
Born and raised in Central Alberta, Connor Pitre attended the Western Academy Broadcasting College in Saskatchewan, before making his way to the NWT in November of 2021. Since then, he has become a regular staple of the True North FM crew in the News department, and occasionally filling in on the afternoon show.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Carney said Canada was attacked, pointed to divisions inside Trump administration

Prime Minister Mark Carney said Canada was under economic attack Saturday after trade negotiations collapsed, new U.S. tariffs took effect and he suggested divisions inside U.S. President Donald Trump’s administration contributed to the breakdown.

Canada vows dollar-for-dollar retaliation as 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs take effect

Canada suspended trade negotiations with the United States and pledged dollar-for-dollar retaliation as additional 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs took effect early Saturday on about $28 billion in Canadian goods.

Prince George plane lost engine power before fatal crash, investigators say

A plane that made a fatal emergency landing on a Prince George road Thursday lost power in one engine before colliding with four vehicles, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada said.

Temporary suspension of labour and delivery services in Inuvik extended

The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority has announced that they will be extending the temporary suspension of labour and delivery services at the Inuvik Regional Hospital.

Planned ignition underway in Behchokǫ̀

NWT Fire has announced that wildfire crews and aircraft will be in Behchokǫ̀ on Friday, August 21 to work towards a planned ignition.