Vice-Admiral Norman announces retirement; “No tie” between detention of Chinese tech executive and suspension of Canadian meat

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman announces retirement

Vice-Admiral Mark Norman is retiring from the Canadian Forces.

Norman, who used to be second-in-command of the military, had been charged with breach of trust in connection with a leak of information to a navy ship building contractor, but the charges were eventually dropped. He had expressed a desire to return to duty but instead, the Defence Department says Norman is choosing to retire and that his lawyers and those for the government arrived at a “mutually acceptable agreement.”

“No tie” between detention of Chinese tech executive and decision to suspend Canadian meat imports

International  Trade Diversification Minister Jim Carr says no tie has been made between the detention of a Chinese tech executive in December and China’s decision to suspend Canadian meat imports.

Carr says officials are investigating China’s claim of fake veterinary health certificates attached to Canadian pork shipments. The Canadian Meat Council says the entire industry is concerned about financial losses stemming from the ban.

Federal New Democrats suffering highest attrition rate of any party

With a general election fast approaching, the federal New Democrats are suffering the highest attrition rate of any party with official status.

Combined with the MPs the New Democrats have shed over the past four years, a total of 15 members elected in 2015 will not be carrying the orange banner in October.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Canada vows dollar-for-dollar retaliation as 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs take effect

Canada suspended trade negotiations with the United States and pledged dollar-for-dollar retaliation as additional 50-per-cent U.S. tariffs took effect early Saturday on about $28 billion in Canadian goods.

Prince George plane lost engine power before fatal crash, investigators say

A plane that made a fatal emergency landing on a Prince George road Thursday lost power in one engine before colliding with four vehicles, the Transportation Safety Board of Canada said.

Temporary suspension of labour and delivery services in Inuvik extended

The Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority has announced that they will be extending the temporary suspension of labour and delivery services at the Inuvik Regional Hospital.

Planned ignition underway in Behchokǫ̀

NWT Fire has announced that wildfire crews and aircraft will be in Behchokǫ̀ on Friday, August 21 to work towards a planned ignition.

Final school in the territory tested for lead

Lead testing of the water at Chief Albert Wright School in Tulita has shown that one water fixture at the school has elevated lead levels.