Listen Live
HomeNews50th Anniversary of Aurora College graduations set

50th Anniversary of Aurora College graduations set

Aurora College will celebrate the success of up to 110 post-secondary program graduates from 20 NWT communities and several provinces in late April and early May.

Aurora College President Dr. Tom Weegar says he is proud of the class of 2019 and that the school is honoured to share this educational journey with them continuing a 50-year tradition of educating Northerners for in-demand jobs in the North.

“I applaud your determination and courage to achieve your dreams, and I congratulate you on this tremendous accomplishment. Thank you for choosing Aurora College to pursue your post-secondary goals.”

Degrees, diplomas, certificates, and post-graduate certificates will be awarded from the Schools of Arts & Science, Business & Leadership, Education, and Health & Human Services. Outstanding students and staff at each campus will also be recognized.

- Advertisement -

Convocation ceremonies will take place at each of Aurora College’s three campuses:

• Thebacha Campus in Fort Smith on Friday, April 26th at 1:00 p.m. at Salt River First Nation Business & Conference Centre on McDougal Road, Fort Smith.
  • Yellowknife North Slave Campus in Yellowknife on Saturday, April 27th at 11:00 a.m. in the Caribou Room at Chateau Nova Hotel, 4871-48th Street, Yellowknife.
  • Aurora Campus in Inuvik on Friday, May 3rd at 4:00 p.m. in the gymnasium at East Three Secondary School, 116 KIngmingya Road, Inuvik.

Each ceremony will be live streamed on the College’s Facebook page for family and friends who are unable to attend in person.

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading

All