100.1 GO FM - We're Your Feel Good Pop Station

Wilson-Raybould hands over documents related to SNC-Lavalin, British PM promises she’ll quit if Brexit passes

Former justice minister gives committee SNC-Lavalin materials

Jody Wilson-Raybould has given the Commons justice committee emails and text messages related to the ongoing SNC-Lavalin issue, along with a written statement.

Before they can be made public they have to be examined so things like personal information can be removed. The former justice minister committed to handing the documents over to the committee after an inquiry into the matter was shut down by the Liberals without having Wilson-Raybould testify a second time.

She’s also joining Conservatives in a call to have an investigation opened into who leaked information to the media that there was tension between her and Prime Minister Justin Trudeau over a Supreme Court just pick.

Former OPP commissioner suing Ontario Premier

The OPP’s former deputy and interim commissioner is suing Premier Doug Ford for $5 million.

Braid Blair says Ford ruined his reputation in a malicious and deliberate act of reprisal. Blair was fired earlier this month after saying Ford interfered with police operations when Ron Taverner, a friend of the premier’s, was chosen as OPP Commissioner.

British PM says if Brexit passes, she’ll step down

British Prime Minister Theresa May has told her Conservative MPs she’ll step down if they pass her Brexit deal.

It’s already failed two votes. The UK was scheduled to leave the European Union on Friday, but the EU has agreed to a May 22nd departure if a Brexit deal can get done this week.

Facebook deems white nationalism, separatism as hate speech

Facebook is adding white nationalism and white separatism to its list of banned hate speech.

The social media company has been pressured in the past to make the change. Previously Facebook held the position that those concepts were part of larger nationalism and separatism discussions which is why it didn’t ban them in the past.

Broncos crash truck owner fined $5k

The owner of the truck involved in the Humboldt Broncos crash has pleaded guilty to five safety-related charges.

Sukhmander Singh will pay a total fine of $5,000 for the infractions. The driver, Jaskirat Singh Sidhu, was sentenced to eight years in prison last Friday.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Task Force Grizzly push full steam ahead after braving weeks of 24/7 extreme cold

Over 200 members of the 41 Canadian Brigade group, part of the militia known as Task Force Grizzly, were out on (and in) a frozen lake in Yellowknife on Friday morning. They were there participating in an ice rescue exercise on the last leg of what was a two week mission for some. The brigade was part of a larger mission known as Operation Nanook-Nuvailivut, made up of members of Joint Task Force North who travelled from Edmonton to Yellowknife

Ambe Chenemu makes way for Black Histories in North, makes way for change

A gathering of people from across the territory and beyond overflowed from the visitor centre space on Thursday evening in Yellowknife to hear Ambe Chenemu speak. Chemenu is the founder of BACupNorth, a Black Advocacy Coalition. A trailblazing community visionary, Chenemu is also a lead member of a number of advocacy groups, board chair for NWT Integrated and Community Services, along with leading a number of health, housing and economic development organizations.

Minister urges feds to provide long-term funding for Inuit Child First program

The government of Canada has announced a plan to extend funding for the Inuit Child First Initiative. In response, Education Minister Caitlin Cleveland said that it is a positive sign. The minister added that it remains unclear whether the guidelines for Inuit Child First or Jordan’s Principle have changed in a way that allows children and families to better access services in the N.W.T.

AVENS awards honour “650 years of collective service” for care workers

AVENS announced that they are holding a ceremony in honour of long-term staff at the facility, which first opened its doors over 40 years ago in the city of Yellowknife. The “Going the Extra Mile for Seniors” Awards ceremony will celebrate “650 years of collective service.”In an announcement today, Colleen Wellborn, Chair of the AVENS Board of Directors said the event highlights dedicated staff, whose contributions are “vital” to the older adult community.

Youth suspect arrested following social media threats

A youth suspect has been arrested by Hay River RCMP after police were made aware of a threatening post on social media made yesterday.