A few Northwest Territories mining companies were recognized with the 1st ever MAX Awards.
The winners were:
- Distinguished Service – Aurora Geosciences
- Economic Leadership – Ekati Diamond Mine and Diavik Diamond Mine
- Environmental & Social Responsibility – Diavik Diamond Mine and TerraX Minerals
- Indigenous Achievement Awards – Joe Rabesca and Darrell Beaulieu
- Special Achievement Awards – Mine Training Society and Altaf Lakhani
Minister of Industry, Tourism, and Investment, Wally Schumann, issued his congratulations to all winners, saying the awards show their contributions to the territory’s overall economy.
“The MAX awards are about celebrating the contributions of mining and exploration to our territory – and the success and excellence of those individuals who lead this work and its success,” says Schumann. “I would offer my congratulations to all of the winners on their awards, and more broadly their contributions to our territory’s economic prosperity, and overall well-being.”
The awards were handed out last Thursday, November 16th, at The Explorer Hotel.