An Inuvik man is in custody following a drug bust late last week.
On Friday, Inuvik RCMP executed a search warrant.
Upon executing the warrant police located the following:
- Approximately 500 grams of what is believed to be cannabis.
- Approximately 50 grams of what is believed to be crack cocaine.
- Approximately 300 grams of what is believed to be powdered cocaine.
- Over $25 000 of Canadian currency.
- Restricted Weapons (Restricted Bear Spray).
The 65-year old was known to police prior to the bust. He was facing previous charges of:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking – schedule I (cocaine).
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking – schedule II (marijuana).
- Possession of a controlled substance – schedule IV (lorazepam).
- Fail to Comply with Recognizance x 3.
- Possession of Stolen Property under $5 000.
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes.
The suspect has been remanded and will appear in a Yellowknife court tomorrow.