A 64-year-old man is facing multiple charges, including drug trafficking, following the execution of a search warrant at an Inuvik home Saturday morning.
Inuvik RCMP responded to a call for service in the early hours of Jan. 14.
After starting an investigation and obtaining a search warrant, police found approximately 1 lb of what they believe to be marijuana, approximately 330 grams of salvia and around eight grams of cocaine at the residence.
Police also seized Canadian currency and an edged weapon.
Talal Khatib was arrested and has been charged with:
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (cocaine)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (marijuana)
- Possession for the purpose of trafficking (salvia)
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purposes
- Failure to comply with undertaking
Khatib is currently before the courts on outstanding drug trafficking and weapons charges, and has been remanded into police custody.
RCMP say they are not seeking any other suspects in connection to this investigation.