A Fort Good Hope man is facing six charges after he allegedly discharged a firearm in the community before barricading himself in a residence Nov. 25.
RCMP attended the scene, where they spent two and a half hours communicating with the man before he finally surrendered and was taken in custody. No one was injured.
Tony Kakfwi, 49, is charged with:
- Discharging firearm with intent
- Carrying weapon while attending public meeting
- Two counts of uttering threats
- Careless use of firearm
- Possession of weapon for dangerous purpose
- Using firearm in commission of offence
Kakfwi is scheduled to appear in territorial court on Nov. 30.