Listen Live
HomeNewsYellowknife NewsHouse fire on Niven Drive caused by BBQ propane tank

House fire on Niven Drive caused by BBQ propane tank

Officials say no one was injured in a house fire this morning at 145 Niven Drive. 

Firefighters responded to a call around 9:40am Wednesday after black smoke could be seen billowing from the roof of the home.

The source of the fire was determined to be a barbecue propane tank.

Read: Niven, Kam Lake house fires in Yellowknife deemed accidental

- Advertisement -

The fire was extinguished using two aerial pumpers, one rescue truck, one ambulance, one command vehicle and 17 personnel.

Firefighters managed to get inside the home to contain the spread of the fire, while crews worked outside to protect nearby homes.

Today’s house fire marks the fourth in Yellowknife dating back to June 21 when one broke out in Old Town.

Two of those fires have since been deemed accidental while the cause of the third hasn’t been made public.IMG_044413718732_10154223481786287_6391163758597479020_n

- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading