Ice Pilots NWT nominated for another Canadian Screen Award

Ice Pilots NWT has been nominated for another Canadian Screen Award for Best Factual Program or Series.

The show, which ended its six-season run in the fall of 2014, featured Northwest Territories airline Buffalo Airways.

Last year, the History Channel show beat out four other programs to take home the award in the same category.

Shortly after the win, Buffalo Airways general manager Mikey McBryan told Moose FM it was the closest thing he “could ever achieve to winning the Stanley Cup”.

This year, the show is up against Emergency, Jade Fever, Million Dollar Critic and Still Standing. This marks the third time Ice Pilots NWT has been nominated over six seasons following the airline.

On Thursday, McBryan took to his Facebook page to share the news.

“Even if the show is over we snuck in one more time and this is for the D-Day episode,” he said. “We all worked so hard on that project with the military and it’s our very last episode so I’m pretty happy.”

McBryan says the latest nomination is for the show’s D-Day special, when Buffalo tried a tribute parachute jump.

The Canadian Screen Awards, run by the Academy of Canadian Cinema and Television and first staged in 2013, were formed when the Gemini Awards (TV) and Genie Awards (film) merged.

The awards will be broadcast on CBC on March 13. You can find the entire list of nominees here.

This news comes in the same week as reports that another NWT-based show, Ice Lake Rebels, has been cancelled. The show ran for two seasons on the Animal Planet, documenting the lives of Yellowknife houseboaters.

Mike Gibbins
Mike Gibbins
Hello and thank you for listening to 100.1 Moose FM! To contact me, you can email me, find me on Twitter or call (867) 920-4663.

Continue Reading

You may also like



cjcd Now playing play

- Advertisement -

Related Articles

- Advertisement -

Latest News

Fort Simpson police ask for assistance in shooting investigation

Fort Simpson RCMP are asking for assistance from the public in relation to their ongoing investigation into a shooting last week.

$55 million contract awarded for housing development on 54th Avenue

Housing NWT has announced that a construction contract for a 64-unit housing development in Yellowknife has been awarded to PCL Construction.

Norman Wells RCMP respond to reports of bootlegging activity

One suspect has been charged by Norman Wells RCMP following their response to reports of bootlegging activity within the community.

Housing NWT launches new Technical Team pilot project

Housing NWT has announced their new Technical Team pilot project in the Beaufort Delta, Sahtu, and Nahendeh districts to improve the delivery of repairs and provide preventative maintenance.

U.S. delays Canadian tariffs three days as Trump claims trade deal

The United States postponed planned 50 per cent tariffs on a range of Canadian goods for three days as U.S. President Donald Trump said the two countries had reached a trade deal.